Parental controls and general application settings can be configured by clicking “Application” under the “Settings” on the main menu. You’ll see three different tabs on the resulting page. Every tab carries a different set of controls and general settings to apply.
The first tab in the row is “General Settings” which offers information about the current application installation and ability to perform a few general settings.
- License Key– Your product license key
- Server IP– The installation of the application has been done using the IP address appearing in this field
- Application Cron– The path of primary cron that executes scheduled jobs/processes i.e. scheduled sending.
- Application URL– The qualified URL path of current application installation
- Application Name– If you are looking to private label the current installation of MailCarry, you can change the name of the application from MailCarry to whatever may suit you, i.e. MyCompany.
- Top Left HTML– More option to help you change the default resources and private label the application, here in this field, you can change the HTML of the top left area of the dashboard where the MailCarry logo appears.
- Login Page HTML– It belongs to the left side pane of your login page that you can update with your desired HTML with your preferred logo/label.
- Login Page Image– Browse and update the image on the right-side pane of the login page to get the application login page completely redesigned.
Your settings for application notifications and system emails like password resend requests. Following two fields can be updated.
There are more than a few mail functions available for you to select the desired one for sending these notifications/ system emails. The default selection is the PHP Mail function. But if you don’t want to use the default option, you can choose to send using SMTP or one of the available APIs of email delivery systems like Mailgun, SendGrid and such.
In case of selecting to send these notifications using SMTP, you will need to choose the following set of fields.
- From Email– An email address to send the emails from
- Host– The host to the SMTP server
- Username– Provide the username of the SMTP
- Password– Provide the password connected with the SMTP username
- Port– 25 is largely used default SMTP port but since some of the ISPs tend to block the 25 port, it sometimes needs alternative ports like 2525, 587, 465, etc.
Email Services APIs
There is a list of APIs available for you to select the desired one for sending the system emails. Since every email delivery provider asks for some sort of distinct authentication method to pass the API request, you may see fields changing on selecting every API, as MailJet asks for MailJet API Key and MailJet secret Key, while Mailgun asks for the custom Mailgun Domain and Mailgun API Key. So, the authentication fields to pass the API request may change for every API, but the From Name field will remain constant on selecting any delivery service.
A simple enable and disable selection to set the parental preference for the Geo-tracking of opens and clicks. If you set this option is enabled, the system will start fetching and reflecting the geo-specific information of the email opens/clicks. It will not update the geo-specific field otherwise.